Read Leo’s story, and support him by buying the app: Trees for Cars for $0.99.
There were many skeptics and even haters who felt there was no point to the whole effort. Well.. Leo just released a mobile app called “Trees for Cars.” It is available on iOS and Android for 99 cents, and he gets about 70 cents for every download. He is looking forward to using that money to be able to afford a home, find a job, and/or pay for school.
Trees for Cars is a mobile carpooling app that connects drivers and riders. But even if you don’t carpool, wouldn’t it be great to spend less that you spend for a cup of coffee to support Leo and the effort to get more people to learn how to code?
Take a look at how some of the self-made billionaires became billionaires. Hint: it does not look like a straight road to that one big idea.
It is very likely that any entrepreneur reading this article will see her/himself in some of the stories discussed. From sleepless nights, to obsession, hypomania and suicidal thoughts, the article discusses some of the realities of building a business from scratch as well as some of the innate character traits that make entrepreneurs more vulnerable to mood swings.
What can entrepreneurs do to keep their lives from spiraling out of control?
- Make time for your loved ones. Don’t let your business squeeze out your connections with human beings.
- Limit your financial exposure. When it comes to assessing risk, entrepreneurs’ blind spots are often huge.
- Cardiovascular exercise, a healthful diet, and adequate sleep are very important
- Cultivate an identity apart from your company.
- Re-frame failure and loss. Life is a constant process of trial and error.
- Be open about your feelings–don’t mask your emotions.